Why Your Gym Should Team Up for St. Jude
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing and food – because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20 percent to more than 80 percent since it opened in 1962.
- St. Jude is working to drive the overall survival rate for childhood cancer to 90 percent in the next decade. We won’t stop until no child dies from cancer.
- St. Jude freely shares the breakthroughs we make, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children.
- Because the majority of St. Jude funding comes from individual contributors, St. Jude has the freedom to focus on what matters most – saving kids regardless of their financial situation.
- St. Jude was founded by the late entertainer Danny Thomas, who believed that “No child should die in the dawn of life.”
- St. Jude is one of the world’s premier centers for research and treatment of pediatric cancer.
- St. Jude treats children from across the U.S. and from all around the world
- It costs close to $2 million per day to operate St. Jude, and that comes primarily from donations and the support of groups like yours- the All Star community.